When a new Chime customer opens an account, they will receive a temporary debit card known as the Chime Temporary Card. This card is intended to allow customers to access their funds before their permanent card arrives. Typically, a temporary card is sent via email within 5-10 business days of opening the account and can be quickly activated and used. In this article, we will guide you on “How to Use Chime Temporary Card?”
Why is Chime Mobile Check Deposit Not Working?
Why is My Chime Card Being Declined?
How to Reopen a Closed Chime Account?
How to Move Money From Chime Credit Builder Card?
Does Enterprise Accept Chime?
How to Link Cash App to Chime?
What is a Chime Temporary Card?
Chime Temporary Card is just like any other debit card. It can be used to make any kind of purchase or withdraw cash from ATMs. and transfer money to other accounts. It works for visa-supported retailers and can be combined with mobile payment options such as Apple Pay or Google Pay. The card has an associated app that sends users instant transaction updates, helping them to manage their payment and account balance.
However, the Chime Temporary Card allows customers quick access to their funds. It is valid for a restricted period. There is a 45-day limit to activate and use the temporary card and it ceases to function 90 days after activation. Once expired, customers will have to wait for their permanent card via mail.
How to Get Chime Temporary Card?
If you have just opened a Chime Spending Account and want to get your hands on a Chime Temporary Card. Here are some simple steps you will need to follow. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to get your Chime Temporary Card:
- Open a Chime Spending Account – The first step to getting a Chime Temporary Card is to open a Chime Spending Account. This can be done easily online by visiting and registering on the Chime website or downloading the Chime mobile app.
- Wait for your Temporary Card to Arrive – Once you have opened a Chime Spending Account. You will need to wait for your Chime Temporary Card to arrive in the mail. Typically, the card arrival process is completed from 5 to 10 working days.
- Activate your Temporary Card – Once your Chime Temporary Card arrives. In order to use it, you must activate it first. This can be done through the Chime app or by calling the number on the back of the card.
- Reset PIN – After activating your Chime Temporary Card. you will need to set a PIN. This can be done at an ATM or through the Chime app.
- Start Using your Temporary Card – Once you have activated your Chime Temporary Card and set a PIN. You can start using it to make purchases, withdraw cash from ATMs and transfer money to other accounts.
- Link your Temporary Card to Mobile Payment Apps – You can also link your Chime Temporary Card to mobile payment apps like Apple Pay and Google Pay for added convenience.
- Monitor your Account – As you start using your Chime Temporary Card, make sure to monitor your account regularly. through the Chime app to stay on top of your spending and account balance.
How to Use Chime Temporary Card at ATMs?
If you are wondering how to use your Chime Temporary Card at ATMs. It is quite simple. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use your Chime Temporary Card at ATMs.
- Locate a Chime-partnered ATM – First, you will need to locate an ATM that is partnered with Chime. You can do this by using the Chime app or website to find a nearby ATM.
- Insert your Chime Temporary Card – Once you have found a Chime-partnered ATM, insert your Chime Temporary Card into the card slot.
- Enter your PIN – Next, you will need to enter the PIN you set for your Chime Temporary Card. This is the same PIN you use to make purchases with your card.
- Choose your transaction type – Choose the type of Chime transaction you want to make. Such as withdrawing cash or checking your account balance.
- Enter the amount – If you are withdrawing cash. Enter the desired withdrawal amount. Note that there are daily or weekly limits on the amount you can withdraw.
- Take your cash and card – Once you have completed your transaction, the ATM will dispense your cash (if you made a withdrawal) and return your Chime Temporary Card.
- Monitor your account – As always, make sure to monitor your Chime account through the Chime app or website to keep track of your balance and transactions.
How to Use Chime Temporary Card Online?
If you have just received your Chime Temporary Card and you are wondering how to use it online, do not worry. It is a very simple process. Here is an easy step-by-step guide on how to use your Chime Temporary Card for online purchases.
- Check your account balance – Before making an online purchase. It is important to check your Chime account balance to confirm that you have enough funds to cover the transaction. You can check your balance through the Chime app or website.
- Enter your card information – When making a purchase online. you will need to enter your Chime Temporary Card information including the card number, expiration date, and CVV code. This information can be found on your card or on the Chime app or website.
- Confirm your purchase – After entering your card information. you will be asked to confirm your online purchase transaction. Make sure to review the details of your purchase. Include the total amount and merchant information before clicking the “confirm” button.
- Monitor your account – After making a purchase. It is important to monitor your Chime account through the app or website to keep track of your balance and transactions. This can help you to stay on top of your spending and detect any illegal activity.
- Deactivate your card if necessary – If you are concerned about the security of your Chime Temporary Card. You can deactivate it through the Chime app or website at any time. This can help protect your funds from unauthorized transactions.
- Reload your card – If you plan to make additional online purchases. you will need to reload your Chime Temporary Card with funds. You can do this through the Chime app or website using a linked bank account or debit card.
How to Use Chime Temporary Card with Apple Pay?
If you have a Chime temporary card and you might be wondering how to use it with Apple Pay. Apple Pay is a suitable and secure way to make purchases, using your devices like the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac. By adding your Chime temporary card to Apple Pay, you can easily and quickly make payments without having to carry your physical card with you. Here is will guide you through the steps on how to use your Chime temporary card with Apple Pay.
- Check if your Chime card is eligible for Apple Pay – Before you can add your Chime temporary card to Apple Pay. You need to make sure it is eligible. To check if your Chime card is eligible, then go to the Chime app on your device. Tap on the “Settings” icon, then select “Add to Apple Wallet.” If your Chime card is eligible for Apple Pay, then follow the prompts to add it to your Apple Wallet.
- Add your Chime temporary card to Apple Pay – Once you have confirmed that your Chime card is eligible. You can add it to Apple Pay. To add your Chime card, open the Wallet app on your device, tap the “+” sign in the top right corner, and follow the instructions to add your Chime temporary card.
- Verify your Chime card – After you have added your Chime card to Apple Pay. You will need to verify it. Chime will send a verification code to the phone number associated with your account. Enter the code in the Wallet app to complete the verification process.
- Use your Chime card with Apple Pay – Once your Chime card is verified. You can start using it with Apple Pay. To make a payment you simply need to hold your device near the contactless reader and authenticate the transaction using Face ID, Touch ID, and your passcode.
- Keep your Chime card up to date – It is important to keep your Chime card information up to date in Apple Pay. If you receive a new Chime card then make sure to remove the old one from Apple Pay and add the new Chime card. To remove the Chime card, go to the Wallet app, select the card option, and tap the “…” icon in the top right corner. Then select “Remove Card.”
- Use Apple Pay wherever it is accepted – With your Chime temporary card added to Apple Pay, you can use it at any merchant that accepts Apple Pay. Look for the Apple Pay symbol or contactless reader when making a purchase.
- Enjoy the benefits of using Apple Pay – Using Apple Pay with your Chime temporary card has many benefits. It is a suitable way to make purchases without having to carry your physical card with you. It is also secure since your card information is never shared with the merchant. Your mobile device must be verified before a transaction can be completed.
How to Use Chime Temporary Card at Walmart?
If you are a Chime bank account holder and have received your Chime Temporary Card, you may be wondering where you can use it. Luckily, the Chime Temporary Card is accepted at most retailers, including Walmart. We will walk you through the steps on how to use your Chime Temporary Card at Walmart.
- Activate your Chime Temporary Card – Before using your Chime Temporary Card at Walmart or any other retailer. To get started, activation is required. To activate your card, you can dial the helpline number printed on the back of your temporary card or follow the steps in your Chime account.
- Check your Chime Temporary Card balance – To ensure that you have enough balance on your Chime Temporary Card to make a purchase at Walmart. To check your card balance. You can sign in to your Chime account or dial the helpline phone number listed on the back of the Chime temporary card.
- Locate a Walmart store – Find your nearest Walmart using their online store finder app. Walmart has locations all over the United States. There is likely a store close to you.
- Shop for your items – Once you arrive at Walmart, start shopping for the items you need. It is important to monitor the cost of the overall quantity of your items. Let us know if you have enough funds on your Chime Temporary Card to cover the purchase.
- Swipe or insert your card – When it is time to pay for your items then head to the checkout and swipe or insert your Chime Temporary Card into the card reader. If prompted, enter your PIN.
- Sign the receipt – After completing your purchase. You will be asked to sign a receipt to confirm the transaction. Make sure to keep the receipt for your records in case you need to return any items.
- Check your balance again – After using your Chime Temporary Card at Walmart. Check your card balance again to ensure the transaction went through and you have enough funds left for future purchases.
Read Also – Why Is My Chime Card Being Declined?
Chime Temporary Card Benefits
Chime Temporary Card is a prepaid debit card that comes with numerous benefits. Make it an excellent option for those looking for a reliable, user-friendly card. Here are some of the benefits of using the Chime Temporary Card.
1. No Credit Check Required
One of the outstanding benefits of using a Chime Temporary Card is that there is no credit check required to use it. This means that even if you have a poor credit history. You can still use the card to make purchases or withdraw cash.
2. Instant Transactions
The Chime Temporary Card is linked to your Chime Spending Account, which means that your funds are instantly available as soon as they are deposited into your account. This makes it a convenient option for those who need access to their funds quickly.
3. No Hidden Fees
Chime Bank does not charge any hidden fees for using its services. The Chime Temporary Card comes with no annual fees, no overdraft fees, and no foreign transaction fees. Make it an affordable option for budget-conscious users.
4. Mobile Banking
With the Chime mobile app, you can easily manage your Chime Temporary Card from your smartphone. You can view your account balance, transaction history, and even deposit checks using the app.
Chime Bank takes security seriously and offers numerous security features to protect your account and personal information. With the Chime Temporary Card, you can enable transaction alerts, turn your card on or off, and even set spending limits to stop fraudulent activity.
6. Access to over 38,000 ATMs
With the Chime Temporary Card, you can access over 38,000 fee-free ATMs across the country. It means that you can withdraw cash from ATMs without worrying about paying extra fees.
Chime Bank offers its users cashback rewards when they use their Chime Temporary Card for purchases. The rewards program is straightforward and easy to use. Making it an excellent way to save money while you spend.
How long does a Chime temporary card last?
If you are wondering how long a Chime temporary card works. It depends on the type of chime card that you receive. Chime offers two different types of temporary cards: a virtual temporary card and a physical card.
Virtual Chime temporary cards are typically issued instantly. When you sign up for a Chime account, it lasts until you receive your permanent debit card in the mail. Once your permanent card arrives. Your virtual card will be automatically deactivated and you can start using your permanent card instead.
On the other hand, if you request a physical Chime temporary card. It will normally arrive in the mail within 5 to 10 working days. This Chime physical card is valid for 45 days from the date it was issued. You can use it to make purchases and withdraw cash until it expires.
Can I use my temporary Chime card to pay for stuff?
Yes, you can use your temporary Chime card to pay for purchases both online and in person. However, if you have a virtual or physical temporary card. It works just like a regular debit card.
What is the maximum amount that can be spent on a Chime temporary card?
The maximum amount that you can spend on a Chime temporary card is $500 per day. This daily spending limit applies to both virtual and physical temporary cards.
It is important to keep in mind that the $500 payout limit includes all purchases made with the card. Including online and in-person transactions. If you have reached the daily spending limit. you will not be able to make any extra purchases until the next day.
Moreover, there is a daily ATM withdrawal limit of $100 for Chime temporary cards. This means that you can withdraw up to $100 in cash from an ATM each day using your Chime temporary card.
How do I get money off my temporary Chime card?
If you have a Chime temporary card with funds on it. You may be wondering how to access your money. Luckily, there are a few easy ways to get money off your temporary Chime card. Here are 7 easy ways to get money off my temporary Chime card.
- Use your Chime temporary card to make purchases – You can use your Chime temporary card to pay for goods and services online or in person. Just to confirm that the total amount of the purchase is within the daily spending limit of $500.
- Withdraw cash from an ATM – You can withdraw cash from an ATM using your Chime temporary card. However, there is a daily ATM withdrawal limit of $100 for Chime temporary cards. Remember that some ATMs may charge a fee for withdrawals. So look for fee-free ATMs if possible.
- Use cashback – Some merchants offer cashback on purchases made with a debit card. If you select the cashback option, you can get cash from the merchant and avoid ATM fees.
- Transfer funds to another account – You can transfer funds from your Chime temporary card to another account using the Chime mobile app. Simply log in to the Chime app, then select the “Move Money” option and follow the instructions to begin a transfer.
- Use the Pay Friends feature – Chime Pay Friends feature allows you to send money to friends and family. Using the Chime mobile app. If you need to access your funds quickly. You can send money to someone you trust and have them give you the cash.
- Request a check – If you need to access a large sum of money, you can request a check from Chime. Remember that this action can take up to 10 business days. So it may not be the fastest option.
- Close your account – If you have no other way of accessing your funds, you can close your Chime account and request a check for the remaining balance. However, this should only be done as the last option as it will close your Chime account permanently.
How long is Chime temporary hold?
The length of time that the Chime temporary hold can vary depending on the specific situation. In most cases, the Chime hold is temporary and is released within 24 to 48 hours. However, in some cases, the hold may last longer and it can take up to 10 business days for the hold to be released.
Can I use my temporary Chime card on Cash App?
Chime temporary card is a Visa debit card. Visa debit cards are widely accepted, including on the Cash App. Yes, you should be able to use your Chime temporary card to make purchases or send money through the Cash App. However, it is important to check with the Cash App beforehand to ensure that they accept Visa debit cards.
To use your Chime temporary card on the Cash App, follow these steps:
- Open the Cash App on your mobile device.
- Tap the “Balance” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “Add Cash” and enter the amount you want to add to your Cash App account.
- Select “Add” and then choose “Debit Card”.
- Enter the information from your Chime temporary card, including the card number, expiration date, and CVV code.
- Confirm the information and tap “Add Card”.
- Once your card is added, you can use it to send money, make purchases, or withdraw cash from an ATM.